So, to round 4 we go yolo...

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I agree 100%. All you have to do is look at the line Bowers took. You only take that line looking for contact.

Really? So your going through a rhythm section haulin ass and you see the guy in front of you take another rider high... You're already committed to the inside from the get go of the section... You're on top of the table top... Do you commit and stick with your line? Or do you lock up the brakes on top of the table top and avoid all consequences?! I know I wouldn't personally lock my breaks up... There was a few times at oir this past summer in 25+ I punted a few riders over the berm before the big double in the back... Do I regret it? No because it got me my points I needed and it was a good passing spot.

What bowers did was instinct, he comes from Arenacross, you pass people when the opportunity arises, and he did, cooper just got the nasty end of the stick on that pass. Still support TyBo 110%

John250

PR Founding Father
Its no different than the line Canard took the week before. Was not a smart racing move. I just believe there was more intent with Bowers, and Canard did not intend to take him and Reed out, his was just a dumb racing move.

KTMkarl794

PR Addict
Really? So your going through a rhythm section haulin ass and you see the guy in front of you take another rider high... You're already committed to the inside from the get go of the section... You're on top of the table top... Do you commit and stick with your line? Or do you lock up the brakes on top of the table top and avoid all consequences?! I know I wouldn't personally lock my breaks up... There was a few times at oir this past summer in 25+ I punted a few riders over the berm before the big double in the back... Do I regret it? No because it got me my points I needed and it was a good passing spot.

What bowers did was instinct, he comes from Arenacross, you pass people when the opportunity arises, and he did, cooper just got the nasty end of the stick on that pass. Still support TyBo 110%

Points you needed foooooor what exactly? A trophy??

Exactly the point...he isn't in Kansas anymore toto. That may be what was needed to get the job done in Arenacross, but this is Supercross. Clearly after getting his doors BLOWN off by Webb later that same race, he needs to step up his riding, not his block passing.

A block pass doesn't earn you respect from other riders, anyone can throw a block pass, now passing someone cleanly with better line choice, speed, and skill...that earns respect from anyone. Webb-2 Bowers-0

owndjoo

PR Member
Bowers didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't following Cooper, he was on a good line that wouldn't have had contact if Cooper hadn't tried to stuff himself under the other rider and die in the middle of the corner. Bowers had no where to go and did what he could to avoid it. He got the bike turned early so he just slid into the side, instead of t-boning him. Like has been said, the other SX guys have agreed it wasn't on purpose. They know better than all of us.

KTMkarl794

PR Addict
Bowers didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't following Cooper, he was on a good line that wouldn't have had contact if Cooper hadn't tried to stuff himself under the other rider and die in the middle of the corner. Bowers had no where to go and did what he could to avoid it. He got the bike turned early so he just slid into the side, instead of t-boning him. Like has been said, the other SX guys have agreed it wasn't on purpose. They know better than all of us.

upload_2015-1-26_14-28-15.png

You're right, he definitely wasn't following him, definitely not a line that was going to make contact.

Must be some pretty good stuff you guys are puffin on haha.

John250

PR Founding Father
I have to agree.....Bowers had to have known going into that corner that he would need to aim to the outside of Cooper or he would hit him.

hershey

PR Elite
Its no different than the line Canard took the week before. Was not a smart racing move. I just believe there was more intent with Bowers, and Canard did not intend to take him and Reed out, his was just a dumb racing move.
Because you have mental powers that allows you to read their minds????

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I have to agree.....Bowers had to have known going into that corner that he would need to aim to the outside of Cooper or he would hit him.

How exactly when he was already committed to the inside?! When you're going that damn fast through a rhythm you can't just change up your line on the drop of a dime.

KTMKarl... Idk if youve ever ride or raced OIR but the track gets very one lined and honestly doesn't promote great clean passing... When you're trying to keep a points lead every point matters even if it's for a trophy at the end of the year

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Bowers did nothing wrong. Sure, he could have not rode so aggressive, not made contact, and not finished where he did, but isn't what gave him 4 AX titles. Everyone just needs to calm down and realize, Bowers is basically a man among boys out there. He's like a linebacker racing quarterbacks. He's going to get physical as he can do it without going down. I do not think anything is to intentionally hurt anyone, just take the position on the track. Yes, I said "take" it. If the opportunity comes, you must "take" it if you can. Hence what makes a champ.

So next time Kurt Busch bumps the rainbow warrior into the wall for the win, be sure to make a 100 page post stating how he's an ass...

John250

PR Founding Father
Everybody seems cool with Bowers wrecking balling into everyone. Think I might try it next season in a couple bowl turns at a few tracks. I am just guessing there are gonna be some pissed off vets at that point. But hey, hes just taking the spot!

Crazy, Bowers is a wrecking ball. He will never be a great racer riding like that.

KTMkarl794

PR Addict
How exactly when he was already committed to the inside?! When you're going that damn fast through a rhythm you can't just change up your line on the drop of a dime.

KTMKarl... Idk if youve ever ride or raced OIR but the track gets very one lined and honestly doesn't promote great clean passing... When you're trying to keep a points lead every point matters even if it's for a trophy at the end of the year

I think you just solidified the point people are trying to make. As a Pro, you know that following someone into a corner with that much speed with the intent to get underneath them, contact is going to be made. When Cooper cut down early, yes it was probably not what Bowers expected, but because of his riding style and mentality...he plows into Webb. Think about how this would have gone down had Webb shattered his knee/leg because of this...

Romanyak, again, making my point easy. IF you are a faster rider, you can make a clean pass. Take notes from Canard.

Feel free tho to keep your "punting" passing style for trophies, and I'll keep mine. I'd make a bet that one of us will have more teeth left at the end of our riding/racing days.;)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Quick, without looking it up, Who was on the outside of Webb? That's right, No one knows and no one cares.
This is like deflated footballs, I cant believe people are still talking about it. Its called a block pass. It has been part of racing long before this and it will be around forever. (I hope so). I don't think he was trying to hit anyone in the first place... You can tell what he is looking at.
upload_2015-1-27_11-44-38.png

owndjoo

PR Member
If he straight t-boned him with the front end, then yea, bad move and intentional. He got the bike turned and they hit side to side.... If cooper wasn't a little boy, Tyler's elbow wouldn't have hit him in the chin. That's the only reason it's getting attention. Without the elbow to the grill, they both stay up and keep on going.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I think the issue is that those with a problem have been punted and have an issue with it so they are siding with Webb. Others, well, punted or not do not have an issue with it and are moving on. Alessi should take lessons from Bowers on block passes though. Just my opinion. I think Broc Tickle would agree.

On to A3....

KTMkarl794

PR Addict
Quick, without looking it up, Who was on the outside of Webb? That's right, No one knows and no one cares.
This is like deflated footballs, I cant believe people are still talking about it. Its called a block pass. It has been part of racing long before this and it will be around forever. (I hope so). I don't think he was trying to hit anyone in the first place... You can tell what he is looking at.
View attachment 47586

Knox, highly opinionated posts is how we get through our work days, do I really need to tell you that!?

halffast

PR Elite
A block pass is when you cut across a turn and pivot in the person's line you are trying to pass . You have to almost stop to make the pivot but it blocks the other guys line and they grab enough brakes to keep from hitting you ( or run into you with their front wheel which often causes them to fall ) . It then becomes almost a drag race with the person doing the blocking having an advantage . Did this and had it done to me many times and NO contact was made . Usually somebody gets a bit pissed but it isn't like they got punted off the track . I would not call what Webb and Bowers have done the last couple of weeks block passes . Sliding your bike sideways into the rider on your outside enough to highside them out of their line and using them like a berm is different than a block pass IMO .